Photo: Georges Courrèges
Every black person watching a scary movie. (via war-ant)
Always reblog. Never forget pizza drivers either. They make about $5 an hour and use their own car.
Can someone please explain to me why people keep working server jobs that depend on tips if they just gonna blame customers for not tipping instead of the shitty company they work for.
"We had a lot of trouble with western mental health workers who came here immediately after the genocide and we had to ask some of them to leave.
They came and their practice did not involve being outside in the sun where you begin to feel better. There was no music or drumming to get your blood flowing again. There was no sense that everyone had taken the day off so that the entire community could come together to try to lift you up and bring you back to joy. There was no acknowledgement of the depression as something invasive and external that could actually be cast out again.
Instead they would take people one at a time into these dingy little rooms and have them sit around for an hour or so and talk about bad things that had happened to them. We had to ask them to leave.”
~A Rwandan talking to a western writer, Andrew Solomon, about his experience with western mental health and depression.
From The Moth podcast, ‘Notes on an Exorcism’.
(Courtesy: Spiritual Ecology)
Prep Time20 minsCook Time25 minsTotal Time45 minsThere’s nothing fancy about this appetizer, just the layer of great flavors that compliment each other like spice sweet potatoes and sweet-tangy chevre.Ingredients
- Chevre with Honey-1/4 log
- Sweet Potatoes-3 sliced at an angle
- Ground Cumin-2 tsp
- Cayenne or Red chili Powder-1/2 tsp
- Salt- to taste
- Olive Oil-2 tbsp
- For the Kale
- Fresh Kale leaves chopped-3 cups
- Crushed Garlic- 1 clove
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil-1 tbsp
- Salt- to tasteInstructions
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix all the spices and coat the sliced Sweet Potatoes on both sides.
- On a foil lined oiled baking sheet, arrange the Sweet Potatoes in a single layer.Drizzle Olive Oil all over on both sides.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes until you see them turning slightly golden.
- Turn off the oven.Arrange them in a tray using tongs.
- Meanwhile in a pan heat the olive oil.Add the crushed garlic followed by Kale.Add a little salt and cook just until they’ve wilted just a little.
- Empty in a bowl and keep aside.To assemble
- Top about a tbsp of Kale on top of each Sweet Potato bite followed by some roughly crumbled Goat’s Cheese. Enjoy!
Three times she had prayed to the earth for advice, and three times she was left in the dark. In the fourth moon, she dreamed of a raven flying around her sore womb, a spider crawling up her leg, and the pain of years to come weighing on her back. When Morgana woke up, she prayed no more.
Ravens meant battle and death, what kind of omen could be more terrible than that?